Mouldlife presents the revolutionary Platsil Gel 25, introduced at IMATS London 2014. Combine with either Deadener LV or Part H Hardener for the most versatile product on the market! Less Inventory, More Control.
- Exceptionally low A & B mix viscosity
- Add Deadener LV to create 'super gel' for prosthetics
- Add Part H Hardener to increase to 40 Shore A
- Low Shore silicone for animatronics
- High clarity for flatmoulds
- Same great tear strength as Gel 10
- Rapid prototyping moulding material
- General purpose moulding material
1A:1B (by weight or volume) platinum-cured silicone systems with 6-minute working and 30-minute demold time. PlatSil Gel10 cures to a Shore A10 hardness, But remember to create prosthetic parts you need to add the Smiths deadener to achieve the gel status.
• Soft, translucent, silicone rubbers
• Add “Deadener LV” to create ultra-realistic prosthetic appliances
• Fast 30-minute demold with 6-minute working time
• PlatSil® 71R Retarder slows the cure
• PlatSil® 71/73X Accelerator speeds the cure
• PlatThix thickens the mix to a brushable paste
• Bonds to Poly Plastics
Platsil silicone is a brand of platinum-cure silicone rubber that is commonly used in mold making and casting applications. It is known for its high quality and versatility in creating detailed and durable molds for various materials.Platsil silicone is available in different formulations, each with specific properties to suit different casting needs.
The silicone is typically supplied in two parts: a base and a catalyst. When these two components are mixed together in the correct ratio, a chemical reaction is triggered, causing the silicone to cure or solidify.
1. Platinum-cure: Platsil silicone utilizes platinum as the catalyst for the curing process. This type of curing system offers several advantages, including low shrinkage, minimal release of by-products, and improved stability over time.
2. High detail reproduction: Platsil silicone has excellent flow characteristics, allowing it to capture intricate details and textures from the original model or object being molded. This makes it suitable for replicating fine details in sculptures, prototypes, special effects props, and other artistic and industrial applications.
3. Shore hardness options: Platsil silicone comes in different hardness levels, measured on the Shore durometer scale. This allows users to choose a specific formulation that best suits their project requirements, whether they need a softer, more flexible silicone or a firmer one.
4. Tear resistance and durability: Platsil silicone exhibits good tear strength, ensuring that the mold can be demolded and used multiple times without easily tearing or degrading. The cured silicone molds are also resistant to degradation from chemicals, making them long-lasting and reliable.
5. Compatibility and versatility: Platsil silicone is compatible with a wide range of casting materials, such as polyurethane, epoxy, gypsum, and wax. This versatility enables users to create molds for various applications, including casting sculptures, props, architectural elements, and industrial prototypes.
It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines when working with Platsil silicone or any other silicone rubber product to achieve the best results and ensure safety.
PLEASE NOTE SMALL PACKAGING MAY VARY
top of page
bottom of page